Would you like to make this site your homepage? It's fast and easy...
Yes, Please make this my home page!
Home inspections are important to have done on every home being bought or
Ten Tips to Speed Up Your Home Inspection
Sellers can speed their home inspection by following these suggestions. The
inspection will go smoother, with fewer concerns to delay closing.
- Confirm that water, electric and gas service are
on, with gas pilot lights burning.
- Ensure pets won't hinder the inspection. Ideally,
they should be removed from premises or secured outside. Tell your agent about
any pets at home.
- Replace burned out bulbs to avoid a "Light is
inoperable" report that may suggest an electrical problem.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and
replace dead batteries.
- Clean or replace dirty HVAC air filters. They
should fit securely.
- Remove stored items, debris and wood from
foundation. These may be cited as "conducive conditions" for termites.
- Remove items blocking access to HVAC equipment,
electric service panels, water heaters, attics and crawl spaces.
- Unlock areas the inspector must access - attic
doors or hatches, electric service panels, closets, fence gates and crawl
- Trim tree limbs to 10' from the roof and shrubs
from the house to allow access.
- Attend to broken or missing items like doorknobs,
locks and latches; windowpanes, screens and locks; gutters, downspouts and
Checking these areas before your home inspection is an investment in selling
your property. Your real estate agent will thank you!